A Resource Guide provided by Tarrant County Public Health & Workforce Solutions:
If you or someone you know needs emotional support during this time, the Optum Emotional Support Help Line, 1-866-342-6892, is available to everyone. It is free of charge and you can share this information with family and friends.
Caring professionals will connect people to resources and the help line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
JOBS NOW! 2020 Page
- Lots of great Employers with Immediate Job openings and are updated daily. Positions from CVS Health and Delaware North were added on 3/30. For the latest updates visit: https://workforcesolutions.net/jobs-now-2020-update-03-31-20/
- Employer Question & Answer sessions are being posted. The first can be seen here: https://workforcesolutions.net/employer-qa-walmart/.
COVID-19 Updates and Resources Page:
- This link is a connection to multiple articles, information, and resources.
Unemployment Insurance Information:
Listed below is some information and multiple ways to contact Texas Workforce Solutions:
- The password reset information: https://workforcesolutions.net/from-twc-how-to-reset-your-unemployment-insurance-password/
- Assistance for Workers (job seekers): https://workforcesolutions.net/unemployment-update-03-25-20-assistance-for-workers/
- Assistance for Employers: https://workforcesolutions.net/unemployment-update-03-25-20-assistance-for-employers/
Children and Child Care Information:
- With the stress of uncertainty and children staying at home, home may not be a safe place for all. Here is a link to resources https://workforcesolutions.net/counseling-services-information/
- If essential workers are in need of assistance looking for childcare services, FIND! Child Care Tool may be a great resource https://workforcesolutions.net/find-child-care-tool/
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
SNAP helps low-income and temporarily unemployed people purchase nutritious foods. An individual or a family may be eligible for SNAP even if they own a home, don’t have a mailing address or are undocumented.
Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Provides health insurance coverage for Texas children from low-income families.
Provides temporary financial assistance for families with children under age 18 while parents are seeking employment.
Women’s Health Program
Provides coverage for an annual family-planning exam and contraception at no cost for uninsured Texas women between the ages of 18 and 44.
MEPD (Medicaid for the Elderly and People with Disabilities)
Provides care for adults age 65 or older, or disabled who need help with their daily activities in their home, nursing home or other facilities.
To apply for any of these services visit https://tafb.org/services/social-services/ or call a social service specialist at 1-866-430-6143.
- Atmos Energy has a program, “Sharing the Warmth” to aid customers are being financially impacted by COVID-19. To apply for the program, customers should visit https://www.atmosenergy.com/customer-service/get-help-paying-your-bill or call 888 - 286-6700.
- Employees affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19), can apply for benefits either online at any time using Unemployment Benefits Services (UBS) online. UBS is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week or employees can call Texas Workforce Commission’s Tele-Center at 800-939-6631 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Time Monday through Friday.
- TXU is providing additional bill-payment assistance to customers in need through its TXU Energy Aid SM program.
- TXU, Ambit, Tri-Eagle will waive late fees, extend payment due dates with no down payment required, reduce down payments and deferring balances over five equal installments.
- Reliant, Green Mountain, Cirro, Stream, XOOM, Discount Power are suspending disconnections for non-payment until April 3.
- All AT&T consumer home internet wireline customers, as well as Fixed Wireless Internet, can use unlimited internet data. Additionally, AT&T will continue to offer internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a month through our Access from AT&T program. They have expanded eligibility to Access from AT&T to households participating in the National School Lunch Program and Head Start. Additionally, they offering new Access from AT&T customers two months of free service
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line Text HOME to 741-741
- Disaster Distress Hotline 1-800-985-5990
- Text TalkWithUs to 66-746
- Text START to 678-678 or Call 1-866-488-7386,
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233
- Individuals can contact the 24/7 COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line at, 833-251- 7544 beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 at 12pm CST.